Green Biz program is a cooperation between Adelson School of Entrepreneurship and the Student Union at IDC. The program is designed to provide students with an affinity for sustainability and entrepreneurship with practical skills in the subject. Such skills will be acquired by exposing students to the implementation of sustainability strategies in the designing of core values of commercial firms in Israel. In light of the increasing recognition of the need for business leadership, responsible leading change is essential to ensure quality of life, despite the challenges of the 21st century.
Understand the objectives of this program and what should be expected of it. In light of the increasing recognition of the need for business leadership, responsible leading change is essential to ensure quality of life, despite the challenges of the 21st century.
1. Comprehending the global challenges of environmental issues to be faced today and in the future.
2. Understanding the "Green" business world and grasping the management and development of the initiatives that lead the world today.
3. Exposure to the decision-making and establishing processes- exposure to the internal dynamics of a business company, from the formulation of objectives to their implementation.
4. Training the interested students to launch a start up which grasps the sustainability concept, by providing them with the practical tools necessary.
Outline: Phase One - Qualification phase: Students from all schools at IDC will be selected for the program. The program will hold 8 meetings, some meetings will be held at the IDC and some meetings will be touring a selected company site. In these meetings, participants will receive background information on the entrepreneurial world, and the leadership behind it.
In the sessions students will receive theoretical and practical tools in the following fields:
- Eco-Friendly Sustainability: Renewable Energy, Natural Gas, Green Construction, Urban Agriculture, Water Technology, Cleantech Technologies, Intelligent Transportation.
- Entrepreneurial Business World: Feasibility of a project, creating a business plan, marketing, fundraising.
- Leadership: Planning and public introduction, strategies for the future generations, environmental bureaucracy and justice, environmental legislation and regulation.
Phase Two - The Green Initiative Center: Phase two will end with a main event presenting 10 selected projects from the various cleantech categories. The event will integrate teams of students from various faculties & schools around Israel. Each team will receive a mentor to accompany the production and implementation of the project. A prize will be given to the winning project in the final event (cash prize financial help).
Head of Marketing